A skylight will not only brighten your space with natural light, but it will also draw attention to the beautiful architectural design of your home. A well placed skylight can add drastic value to your home for potential buyers and visitors alike.
If you’re looking to install a skylight, contact the experts at Glass Doctor®. We offer trusted skylight installation services 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Schedule a free, in-home consultation with us today at 855-603-1919 to discuss your options.
What Should I Consider Before Skylight Installation?
If you prefer to do projects yourself, you can take a step-by-step approach to installing a skylight yourself. Before you install a skylight, consider these important factors:
- Quality of the product—For the best quality, look for ventilation, energy efficiency, water tightness, sound reduction and wind resistance features before installing a skylight. If not installed properly, a skylight can encounter some serious problems, like leaking. When you trust a professional to do the job, however, you don’t need to worry about if your skylight will leak or fail.
- Installing skylights—Skylight placement is mainly determined by the location of your rafters. Research what you want your skylight to look like and make sure that where you cut the hole for its placement will be supported by the roof.
- Safety considerations—Bad weather and the slope of your roof can affect your ability to complete any of your skylight installations. Remember to wear footwear with the proper traction and ensure that your ladder is durable for this type of job. If you don’t have sufficient experience, contact a professional.
- Drywall and insulation—To reduce condensation, consider adding drywall and insulation around your skylight.
- Size of the skylight—The cost of a skylight installation will roughly be the same regardless if you choose a smaller or larger skylight. Go for a larger skylight if you’re looking to bring more natural light in to your living space. A small hallway skylight, on the other hand, can illuminate the entrance to a room and make the entire house feel more spacious.
What to Expect with Glass Doctor
At Glass Doctor, we have years of experience installing all types of custom glass solutions, including skylights.
Here’s what you can expect when you schedule a skylight installation with one of our professionals:
- We will arrive at your house in uniform and put protective footgear on before entering your home.
- Our experts will assess the space, take measurements, and determine the best possible place for your skylights. We will also discuss energy-efficient options and recommend the best option for you and your home. Even custom cut options can be much more affordable than you think.
- After providing you with an upfront quote, we will complete the installation process within a day. If for some reason the process takes longer than expected, we will schedule a follow-up appointment to complete the process.
- Post-installation, we will clean up the area and provide you with any necessary tips for your new skylight.
- If your skylight cracks or chips, Glass Doctor offers trusted repair and replacement services. If you need skylight replacement glass, you can contact us to fix the problem immediately.
Call Glass Doctor for Your Skylight Installation
For service you can trust, call the certified professionals at Glass Doctor. We will complete your skylight installation quickly and efficiently.
Call us today at 855-603-1919 to schedule an appointment for a free in-home consultation.
DIY Network: http://www.diynetwork.com/how-to/rooms-and-spaces/walls-and-ceilings/skylight-installation-tips
Popular Mechanics: https://www.popularmechanics.com/home/interior-projects/how-to/g956/how-i-did-it-installing-a-skylight/
This Old House: https://www.thisoldhouse.com/ideas/what-to-consider-when-buying-skylights